It has been quite a year! When 2020 started it was not envisioned that we would be living through a world-wide pandemic. At Shindico, we were planning for another busy year, working with clients to find them the ideal space for their business, bringing new properties to market and expanding our footprint in multi-family development. The world changed in March. Lockdowns to protect the public from COVID-19 sent economies spinning and governments scrambling to provide supports to businesses and individuals alike. Despite all these challenges, we have persevered and the outlook for 2021 is optimistic. There are several vaccine options coming to market that offer hope of wide-spread immunity and experts are predicting a strong rebound in the economy.
Throughout these trying times, Shindico has been focused on our mission statement, Succeeding by Helping Others Succeed. This applies to all aspects of our business including our brokerage, development, and asset management groups. Leasing activities have been brisk, with businesses repositioning for location.
Some of the highlights of 2020 at Shindico include:
- Construction began this year on the Taylor Claire Residences, located at Grant Park Pavilions. The first of two buildings to be built on the site, the Taylor Claire Residences will offer oversized suites with efficient layouts and luxurious features in one of Winnipeg’s most walkable rental communities.
- 1450 Taylor Avenue construction was fully complete, and the new mixed-use office/service building is now fully leased.
- Crestview Place at 3421 Portage Avenue was added to the Shindico portfolio. This busy shopping centre is scheduled for some exciting renovations in 2021 including a new roof and façade. This new façade will be architecturally designed and represent a new standard for Shindico moving forward.
- Construction is continuing at Pembina Crossing on a new Save-On Foods grocery store. Scheduled to open in 2021, the addition of Save-On Foods to the centre will represent the end of a massive re-configuration and revitalization of this high-traffic property.
- Building A was completed at Plessis Business Park, a new 22.3 acre state-of-the-art industrial development in East Winnipeg. The building’s first tenant, Metal Depot, moved in over the summer. Features new and modern construction with high 28' ceilings and low site coverage for optimal truck movements.
- Shindico was retained to provide asset and property management services to a local family office’s portfolio of 7 commercial real estate assets in Winnipeg.
- Westport will now have a greater mix of uses with multi-family added to the site. This will ensure the grocery-anchored site will have a strong day and nighttime population and will be the mixed-use destination in West Winnipeg.
The outlook for 2021 shows much needed change from 2020 with promising developments. We are ready for a busy year with a careful return to normal. Our clients are our focus. Shindico is committed to delivering the highest level of service to owners and occupiers of commercial real estate. Together with you, Team Shindico is here to support your real estate needs in business and investment, and to make these thrive in 2021 and beyond.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy & Happy New Year!
Sandy G. Shindleman, CCIM, SIOR, CRE, FRICS
On behalf of Team Shindico
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS